With nearly 17,800 students and 3,700 staff members, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in Northern Germany. It stands for a strategic and achievement-oriented way of thinking and acting, relevant research, exceptional teaching and the successful transfer of knowledge and technologies to industry and society. We consistently advocate family friendliness and equal opportunities.
We focus our research on mobility, infections and therapeutics, metrology and future city. Our core disciplines include a comprehensive engineering branch and a strong natural sciences branch, closely linked with business sciences, social sciences, humanities and educational sciences.
Our campus is located at the heart of one of Europe’s most active research regions. We cooperate closely and successfully with more than 20 research institutions right on our doorstep and maintain strong relationships with our partner universities all over the world.
The Faculty of Life Sciences
Institute for Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
"Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry"
Salary-Gr. W 2
The earliest appointment is possible from April 1st, 2023 on.
The professorship is to deal with current topics in medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry, including structure-based design, the identification of hit and lead structures, structure optimisation by organic synthesis and the analysis of structure-activity relationships. The structural modification of hit and lead structures aims to improve biological activity and selectivity, but also to optimise pharmaceutical-technological properties with regard to bioavailability.
Topics in medicinal / pharmaceutical chemistry are the focus of the TU focus on infections and active agents, whereby the term active agent includes but is not limited to anti-infectives. In addition to scientific excellence, the fit with the activities in the Centre for Pharmaceutical Process Engineering (PVZ) at TU Braunschweig is a relevant criterion.
In terms of teaching, the professorship is based in the state examination course in pharmacy, and participation in the interdisciplinary Master's course in "Pharmaceutical Process Engineering" and the Bachelor's course in "Bio-, Chemical- and Pharmaceutical Engineering" is also desired. A licence to practise as a pharmacist is an advantage.
- Proven (preferably also international) research and teaching experience in the above-mentioned field
- Excellent international publication record
- Proven experience in and willingness to apply for third-party funding projects
- Proven experience in networking and willingness to expand strong (international) cooperations
- Active participation in the planned establishment of a third-party-funded research network
- Experience in research areas that match the call
- Participation in the research focus of the TU Braunschweig, in particular in the research focus "Infection and Therapeutics".
- Participation in the interdisciplinary Center of Pharmaceutical Engineering (PVZ)
- Ability and willingness to teach courses in German and English
- Willingness to participate in the self-administration of the university
- Willingness to participate in the internationalisation of the university.
Requirements, § 25 NHG
Completed university studies
- Pedagogical aptitude proven by results of course evaluation
Special qualification for deepended independent scientific work, which is usually demonstrated by an above-average doctorate and
Habilitation or habilitation-equivalant qualifications
At TU Braunschweig we aim to increase the share of women in academic positions and therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where candidates have equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates. Where candidates have the same qualifications, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
Applications from international scientists are welcome.
It is a permanent full-time position. A part-time appointment may be possible on request.
Applicants who are 50 years or older at the time the appointment commences and who have not acquired permanent civil servant status (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) will be employed with employee status (Angestelltenverhältnis).
We are looking forward to your application!
Applicants are requested to attach the usual documents:
- Academic background (currciculum vitae)
- Academic certificates and diplomas (degrees)
List of publications incl. copies of 3 selected publications
List of third-party funds and description of own participation
List of courses, including results of course evaluation
Research and teaching concept
If applicable, add proof of parental or care leave.
If applicable, add proof of disability.