With 17.800 students and 3.800 staff members, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in Northern Germany. It stands for a strategic and achievement-oriented way of thinking and acting, relevant research, exceptional teaching and the successful transfer of knowledge and technologies to industry and society. We consistently advocate family friendliness and equal opportunities.
We focus our research on mobility, infections and therapeutics, metrology, and future city. Our core disciplines include a comprehensive engineering branch and a strong natural sciences branch, closely linked with business sciences, social sciences, humanities and educational sciences.
Our campus is located at the heart of one of Europe’s most active research regions. We cooperate closely and successfully with more than 20 research institutions right on our doorstep and maintain strong relationships with our partner universities all over the world.
DEPARTMENT COMPUTER SCIENCE
We offer a
„Dependable Distributed Systems“
The earliest appointment is possible from 01.04.2023 on.
The successful candidate should be internationally well-known for his*her research in the area of dependabilty, resilience and security of distributed systems. Preference will be given to individuals whose research interests are in one or more of the following fields:
- Safety, security and resilience of embedded and/or mobile systems
- Dependable distributed systems in insecure environments, e.g, realized using trusted execution enclaves or byzantine fault tolerance
- Analysis and defence against low-level threats, such as side channel attacks or fault injection Responsibilities of the future professor also include teaching undergraduate and graduate students within the course of studies Computer Science, including the bachelor-level lecture "Operating Systems". The professor is expected to attract external funding and collaborate with in the interdisciplinary environment of Technische Universität Braunschweig.
- Experience with and willingness to raise third-party funds
Willingness to participate in the self-administration of the university
Willingness to participate in the internationalization of the university and in research
- Willingness to adopt a research orientation complementary to the existing research focus areas as well as in the Cluster of Excellence and to participate in interdisciplinary research both within the Institute for Operating Systems and Computer Networks, across faculty boundaries, and in the context of the Cluster of Excellence
- Very good command of the English language and willingness to teach in English
Requirements, § 25 NHG
Completed university studies
Pedagogical suitability, proof of this is to be provided by a teaching sample
Special qualification for deepended independent scientific work, which is usually demonstrated by an above-average doctorate and
Habilitation or habilitation-adequate qualifications
At TU Braunschweig, we aim to increase the share of women in academic positions and therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where candidates have equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates. Applications from international scientists are welcome. A part-time appointment may be possible on request.
Where candidates have the same qualifications, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
It is a permanent full-time position. A part-time appointment may be possible on request. Applicants who are 50 years or older at the time the appointment commences and who have not acquired permanent civil servant status (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) will be employed with employee status (Angestelltenverhältnis).
We are looking forward to your application!
Applicants are requested to attach a brief overview of their personal data to the usual documents:
- Academic certificates and diplomas (degrees)
List of publications and artistic works incl. 3 selected publications
List of third-party funds
List of courses, including results of course evaluation
Research and teaching concept.