With around 17.000 students and 3.800 staff members, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in Northern Germany. It stands for a strategic and achievement-oriented way of thinking and acting, relevant research, exceptional teaching and the successful transfer of knowledge and technologies to industry and society. We consistently advocate family friendliness and equal opportunities.
We focus our research on mobility, engineering for health, metrology, and future city. Our core disciplines include a comprehensive engineering branch and a strong natural sciences branch, closely linked with business sciences, social sciences, humanities and educational sciences.
Our campus is located at the heart of one of Europe’s most active research regions. We cooperate closely and successfully with more than 20 research institutions right on our doorstep and maintain strong relationships with our partner universities all over the world.
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Physics
Institute of Computer and Network Engineering
We offer a
The appointment is planned for 01.10.2023.
The person to be appointed will competently represent the field of "Computer Engineering". He or she engages in research into computer architectures for sustainable, efficient, open and secure information and communication systems while taking into account emerging developments in quantum computers, photonic and organic computer structures. Accordingly, the fields of activity of this professorship lie in several of the following areas:
- Computer and software architectures for sustainable, efficient, open and secure ICT-systems
- Co-integration of electronics and sensors for compact networked systems
- Emerging architectures and methods, e.g. quantum computing, photonic or
organic computing architectures
- Sustainable, safe and resilient computing systems (Sustainability, Safety, Reliability,
- Proven research and teaching experience in several of the above areas
- Special aptitude for academic work, demonstrated by excellent publications
- Proven experience in the acquisition of third party funding and in international cooperations
- Ability and motivation to take on leading functions in the institute
- Participation in the focus area "Autonomous Intelligent Systems" in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Physics
- Taking on Bachelor courses in German
(it is desired, but not required, for the applicant to either be able or become able in the foreseeable future to teach courses in German)
- International experience as well as the ability and motivation to teach in English
Requirements, § 25 NHG
Completed university studies
Pedagogical suitability proven by results of course evaluation
Special qualification for deepened independent scientific work, which is usually demonstrated by an above-average doctorate and
Additional scientific accomplishments, e. g. in the context of a junior professorship, habilitation, or other equivalent qualifications
At TU Braunschweig, we aim to increase the share of women in academic positions and therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where candidates have equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates. Where candidates have the same qualifications, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
Applications from international scientists are welcome.
It is a permanent full-time position. A part-time appointment may be possible on request.Applicants who are 50 years or older at the time the appointment commences and who have not acquired permanent civil servant status (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) will be employed with employee status (Angestelltenverhältnis).
We are looking forward to your application!
Applicants (m/f/o) are requested to attach the usual documents:
- Cover letter
- Academic background (curriculum vitae)
- Academic certificates and diplomas (degrees)
- Research and teaching concept
List of publications, including copies of 3 selected publications
List of third-party funds and description of own participation
List of courses, including results of course evaluation
If applicable, add proof of nursing or parental/care leave.
- If applicable, add proof of a recognized severe disability.
Please submit the application including all documents only digitally via the online portal (button underneath) of the TU Braunschweig.