With 17.800 students and 3.800 staff members, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in Northern Germany. It stands for a strategic and achievement-oriented way of thinking and acting, relevant research, exceptional teaching and the successful transfer of knowledge and technologies to industry and society. We consistently advocate family friendliness and equal opportunities.
We focus our research on mobility, infections and therapeutics, metrology, and future city. Our core disciplines include a comprehensive engineering branch and a strong natural sciences branch, closely linked with business sciences, social sciences, humanities and educational sciences.
Our campus is located at the heart of one of Europe’s most active research regions. We cooperate closely and successfully with more than 20 research institutions right on our doorstep and maintain strong relationships with our partner universities all over the world.
Faculty of Humanities and Education
Institut of English and American Studies
We offer a
„English subject pedagogy with a focus on Anglophone literatures, cultures and media.“
Salary-Gr. W 2
The earliest appointment is possible from 01.10.2023 on.
We are looking for someone to cover the entire spectrum of English subject pedagogy in teaching and research, with a special focus on teaching and researching literature, culture and media.
Internationally visible research
- Experience in securing and willingness to secure third-party funding
- Demonstrable experience in teaching English language university courses on English subject pedagogy in the relevant areas
- Desire and ability to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration within the institute and faculty of the TU Braunschweig as well as with extramural research institutions
- Active participation in academic self-administration as well as in scientific organisations
- Supporting junior researchers
Requirements, § 25 NHG
Completed university studies
- Proof of pedagogic-didactic suitability
- Experience in empirical research or at least three years of suitable experience in a pedagogy setting
- Exceptional ability to engage in extensive, independent scientific research, which - as a rule - is proven by an outstanding PhD, and
- Relevant postdoctoral qualification (Habilitation or equivalent)
At TU Braunschweig, we aim to increase the share of women in academic positions and therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where candidates have equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates. Applications from international scientists are welcome. Where candidates have the same qualifications, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
It is a permanent full-time position. A part-time appointment may be possible on request. Applicants who are 50 years or older at the time the appointment commences and who have not acquired permanent civil servant status (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) will be employed with employee status (Angestelltenverhältnis).
We are looking forward to your application!
Applicants are requested to attach a brief overview of their personal data to the usual documents:
- Cover letter
- Academic background (curriculum vitae)
- Academic certificates and diplomas (degrees)
List of publications incl. copies of 3 selected publications
List of third-party funds
List of courses, including results of course evaluation
Research and teaching concept
- If applicable, proof of parental or care leave.
- If applicable, add proof of a recognized severe disability.
Please submit the application including all documents only digitally via the button "online application" (button underneath) of the TU Braunschweig.